3 Reasons You Should Have Included Your Eyes in Your New Year’s Resolution
With the New Year just beginning, we often feel the need to change and do something different. Resolutions are the focal point of our thoughts but we seldom add our vision care as something we focus on.
Most people think of losing weight, quitting smoking, and other health-related changes for their resolutions but thinking of your eyes early can prevent many conditions from arising in your future and improve the quality of your life now.
Below are 3 reasons to include your eyes in your New Year’s resolution:
- Discover the Benefits of an Annual Checkup: When considering a New Year’s resolution maybe it should be something as simple as getting your annual eye exam. This resolution is a simple appointment that is often overlooked or pushed back. This one day commitment can help you prevent future problems and identify additional health issues you may have that have not been discovered yet such as diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, and even some types of cancer. If you have other underlying health conditions they can affect your vision quickly. You may not even realize it until it is too late. Getting an annual or bi-annual eye exam can lead to early detection of these problems and prevent them from getting worse.
- Improving Your Quality of Vision: There are several new treatments for various eye conditions that can improve your overall quality of vision. Treatments like Fortified LASIK, PRK, Visian ICL, CK and RejuvaVision can improve your quality of vision, and reduce or eliminate your dependence on glasses and/or contact lenses.
- Common Symptoms of Eye Conditions:
- Frequent Changes in Prescriptions
- Blurred Vision
- Frequent rubbing of the eye
- Halos/Glares around lights
- Poor or decreasing night vision
- Eye Pain
- Dry Eye
To hear Dr. Brian talk with Dr. Drew about these and more conditions on his daytime T.V. show Lifechangers click below.