For those who have mastered the World Wide Web getting new information on Keratoconus treatment is relatively easy. Knowledge is one of the best ways to help save your eyes for the often devastating news of a Keratoconus diagnosis. As we are sure you’ve heard many say that early detection is key in Keratoconus treatment, understanding that Keratoconus is a progressive condition which gets worse over time is the number one reason to seek early treatment. The longer you go without treatment the more detrimental the condition can become.
When you get regular screenings you are ensuring that you find conditions such as Keratoconus at an early enough stage to greatly improve your quality of vision and protect your eyes. In essence you are saying that your eyes matter to you. The progression of Keratoconus can be slowed greatly, even reversed in some cases. The benefits of the new advancements in treatments for Keratoconus are growing, and though they have been out for at least 10 years many are still showing more benefits today. Below are some of the new advanced treatments of Keratoconus. Take a look for yourself.
- Blurred vision not improved by glasses or contacts
- Frequent eye rubbing
- Frequent changing of prescriptions
- Increasing astigmatism
- Glare or halos around lights making it difficult to drive at night
- Increased sensitivity to light
- Double vision
- Glasses or contact lenses – Changing prescriptions frequently may be needed
- Holcomb C3-R ® – strengthens the cornea and slows/stops progression of Keratoconus
- INTACS for Keratoconus – helps decrease the bulging cornea and improve vision
- CK (Conductive Keratoplasty for astigmatism correction)
- Intra Ocular Lenses – Visian ICL (insertable contact lens – permanent – no maintenance)
It is up to you to educate yourself. Ensuring that you find the questions you need to take care of yourself can improve not only the quality of your vision but also the quality of your life!
Dr. Boxer Wachler, MD is a renowned eye surgeon specializing in Keratoconus treatments. His is considered one the Keratoconus specialist.
Watch an education and informative video about Keratoconus treatments: www.FixesYourKeratoconus.com
For more information about keratoconus visit the American Keratoconus Association
©2019 BOXER WACHLER VISION INSTITUTE OF BEVERLY HILLS. 465 N. Roxbury Drive, Suite 902, Beverly Hills, CA 90210. Call: 310.594.5210 Or Text: 424.666.8454 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. email: email@example.com.